View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
cthorson910
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
cthorson910 is on a distinguished road
Default Input needed from those with 2pc rotors

I'm currently looking at making some brake system improvements over the winter to prepare for next year's track events. Current setup is as follows: z1 1pc slotted rotors F/R, carbotech pads (1521 for street, xp10/xp8 for track), z1 braided lines, Brembo htc64 brake fluid, stillen brake cooling kit.

In 2 days at Laguna, I've taken my xp10's down to approx 5mm and developed quite a brake vibration in my last session of the 2nd day, rotors (especially fronts) appear to have dealt with TONS of heat, although I don't have much info on rotor temps other than measuring 733* when checking immediately after a session at laguna on one of the fronts. First day at laguna was 9/3 and 2nd was 11/1, and I was significantly faster the 2nd day (thanks to Racers360 coaching and lots of work in the simulator). Purely speculating here, but I'm thinking I may have exceeded the cooling capability of my current setup, although I am not 100% certain. I track with HOD and was fairly comfortably the quickest of the B group (intermediate), with times that seemed fairly comparable to some guys in the advanced groups (purely guessing based on the gap between me and a C7 z06 and everyone else in the B group last time out)

Currently looking at making some inlets for my front bumper and modifying the stillen backing plates (or making my own) to accept 2.5" or potentially even 3" ducting, and going to 2pc rotors. I've been looking at the DBA 5000 T3, Racing Brake 2pc, and Z1 2pc for the front and was looking for any and all input on these rotors and pad selections for both street/track. In doing some reading I've seen issues with RB rotors and some pads when it comes to pad deposits (I believe they recommend Hawks primarily) but wanted input from those with our cars to see what works and what doesn't. I'm determined to keep getting quicker and quicker in the car and am hoping to find a setup that will handle everything I can throw at it now, and also provide some room for growth as I get even quicker.

Thanks in advance for all input.
cthorson910 is offline   Reply With Quote