Thread: Porsche Cayman
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #92 (permalink)
k.alexander
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PG M6
k.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCram View Post
I've been doing the same. I tested a 2018 Cayman with 500 miles on it. Dealership offered me 14.5 for my Nismo. I'm having a serious heart to heart with the wife tonight.
How did it go with with the wife? :-)

More seriously, what’s your take on the Cayman vs your Nismo? Curious to hear other people’s thoughts.

Further update on my situation:
On Wednesday went to a Porsche Experience event at a local race track, was invited by the dealer. Unfortunately all they had were 991.2 and brand new 992 911s to throw around the track—what a disappointment :bowrofl In all honesty though the things are absolutely visceral! Just sick sick cars! Unfortunately this did nothing for me as even though it made me consider a 911 for a few minutes, I’m really not in the market for that car—for what and especially how much I intend to use the car, there’s really no reason to pick a much more expensive 911.

This weekend the dealer gave me a brand new 718 Cayman S (unfortunately PDK but it doesn’t really matter for this exercise) to drive around. Had it all day yesterday, drove a lot without actually going anywhere on some nice backroads not too far from where I live. Plan on doing some more driving and some normal driving around town running some errands today. All I can say is that the car is properly quick! It is also a great handling car. Also pretty damn loud actually, like all the time. I’ll have an update tonight or tomorrow after I drop it off.

Last edited by k.alexander; 11-10-2019 at 10:29 AM.
k.alexander is offline   Reply With Quote