View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Portlis
Base Member

Drives: 370z, Black, Sport
Portlis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
You are not going to want to hear this but your first mod you ever did on your 09 Z should have been pulling the steering lock fuse. The steering lock bypass kit from eBay does work I have seen people use this kit with success. You should search though this topic has been beat to a pulp. SouthArk370Z has a link to the TSB. If you can’t fix this yourself I recommend taking your Z to a Nissan dealership service department or shop you trust.
You aren't wrong, but at this point it's too late so it's sort of a moot point. Stupid me for thinking my Z was fixed 7 years ago when the dealership themselves insisted on replacing the steering lock I guess? Heaven forbid I trust that the manufacturer has a clue what they are doing.

I've already searched through this topic thoroughly, believe me. That's why I had a few specific questions I was hoping to have answered by folks more knowledgeable than myself.

I'm definitely not taking my Z to a Nissan dealership unless it's a last resort. I'm not paying those bastards a single penny to fix this issue if I can help it. I'll write them a bad check before they get a penny out of me for their faulty ****. As for a 3rd party shop, I sure wish I had one that I trust but I don't. I've yet to find a mechanic that does good work and is also trustworthy and fair in my entire life. They're all crooks as far as I'm concerned.

And thus, that's why I'm researching every DIY option first. If the eBay bypass kit works and it's something I can install myself, then I'm happy with that. But I don't know how it works, if it works, if it works even if you are fully stock in lock mode, and if it's something I'd be capable of installing myself. I'm not a super blue collar type of guy.
Portlis is offline   Reply With Quote