View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 01:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
simul8r
Base Member

Drives: 2016 Nismo Tech, 6MT
simul8r is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisStigness View Post
I just installed the R Tune as well over the weekend. I noticed a sort of "ding" noise a couple times on the first drive on the highway, I assume the exhaust wasn't fully heated up yet. Since that first time I don't recall noticing the noise while driving. Do we think this could possibly be part of break-in?

I will hear creak or ding noises after I've turned the car off and it's cooling down, but as we know metal contracts and expands with heat, it being a multi-piece system it's bound to make noise.

Where did you guys buy your R Tunes from? I got mine from CZP and they said they hadn't heard of this issue happening, but I did forward them this thread to look into it just in case. I am certainly keeping my ear out in case the noise starts to happen more frequently on the road.
I thought it was from the expanding/contracting of the heated exhaust as well, but it wasn't (well, not in the sense of normal operation--obviously it was expanding/contracting within a faulty resonator). It was a very loud and noticeable "DING" that happened about every 45 seconds and lasted for several minutes after I shut the car off. It was definitely coming from one of the resonators. We spent a long time listening and isolating. After the resonator change, I've not had any more issues and I LOVE this exhaust.

I bought my exhaust from Z1.

Last edited by simul8r; 11-08-2019 at 01:42 AM.
simul8r is offline   Reply With Quote