View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
As cool as it sounds to have "GTR" brakes, my understanding is they aren't even the best available option, particularly with a budget like theirs.

a full Brembo GT-R (not the factory version, the race version) would come with the appropriate brackets, 2 pc rotors, the proper seals, temp resistant materials, etc, all of which are better than any factory setup

but then again they also cribbed some GTR suspension arms or something too so who knows how different it all is
Agree on not being the best available option for this car’s race purpose and budget. I suppose Nissan NA is footing part of the bill and wants to showcase Nissan related parts as much as possible.

I actually found it even more telling that Nismo diff cover was used instead of Z1’s own.