View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I beg to differ. I think this is where experimentation happens. Where limits are pushed because the endless budget can allow a group of engineers to try different scientific experiments with cars.

We benefit later...

An example of this were the RX 7, Supra, Mitsubishi 3000 gt and 300zx of the 90s. Most of that tech came from 80's Porsche, ferrari and lotus. As that tech becomes popular in the exotic world, normal engineers study those cars and either figure out how to make it affordable. And/or Market trends allow for expensive materials to become cheaper as they Find sensible ways to create a material. Like carbon fiber or certain polymers etc...

The whole market is an enthusiast market, from top to bottom. Inspiration is born through innovation and vice versa.
Agree for the most part. It is nice to see development like this. On the cutting edge. That is positive for all

I don't have a problem with innovation. I have a problem with innovation that is stifled by corporate greed.

An "enthusiast" didn't develop the Toyota Yaris or the Nissan Versa or the Honda Fit. Chalk those up to the bean-counters

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote