View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 10:46 PM   #5360 (permalink)
tvfreakazoid
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Audi S5; 6spd.
tvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Finger prints on a blued gun will cause it to rust where the finger print is. The oils in your skin contains acids that will attack blued metal. So it's best to wipe it down after every time you touch it.

I have a S&W M29-M2 44 Mag with 6.5" barrel. Showed it to a friend of mine years ago. We was eating potato chips at the time I showed the gun. After looking at it, putting it back in it's case without wiping it off. I forgot about for a month. Took it out of the case to check it out before I go to the range with it. You could see where the finger prints was, because of the rust spots. Everyplace a rust spot, was a finger print.
Well yeah I forgot about that.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

http://www.the370z.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1188&dateline=1232328  539
tvfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote