View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 09:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

is rev D the latest?

does grounding the pink wire let you unlock it and start the engine? do you have to keep it grounded to drive the car?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knio View Post
Just had my steering lock fail (rev D, was previously replaced from the TSB in 2013).

Mine failed in the "unlocked" state (I could still turn the steering wheel), which I'm not sure is normal? and I could not get the car to turn on or ACC at all. The start button showed "LOCK" and the yellow key light came on solid, but the key fobs were working fine.

This youtube video saved my day: https://youtu.be/pLPTNm0xxy4?t=70
Just short the pink wire to ground to bypass the broken lock and get the car to power on. Removing the fuse while in ACC did not fix anything, and it still goes into lockdown without me keeping the pink wire permanently grounded.

I ordered the 48700-9N00B delete kit and will see if that works when it ships.
nis350 is online now   Reply With Quote