View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Whjaxn17
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 370Z 6MT
Whjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond reputeWhjaxn17 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossJ View Post
Hey I'm back - 2016 370z Nismo

I'm looking at getting some HFCs and removing the muffler - from what I know the nismo exhaust is actually quite good for the car - correct? No.

Or am I completely wrong? -

I'm talking performance not sound... looking for torque over hp. - Greddy or FI

I can't decide between F.I. HFCs or Berk - or anyone have another suggestion? and then for muffler delete - short tail - does it matter? - Will likely sound like @$$. I've never heard a muffler delete that sounded any better than "not awful". AAM makes an axle back, though they've been of questionable quality lately. I'm sure there is at least 1 other option out there.

My plan is to go HFC - muffle delete - headers - maybe a manifold... oh and then of course a tune (already have the z1 CAI)

I don't want too loud of sound - or a drone in the cab. Stock cats or a higher count HFC. Z1's are like 100 cell count. I think Berks are 200-250, which will be a bit quieter. Not sure on FI, but they're a solid option as well.

I've searched on google / youtube to hear different sounds of 370z... I'm just looking for some wisdom from all of you vets

PS - Is a muffler delete even needed or is it strictly for sound? Not needed, nor recommended under the standard pretense of a "muffler delete". If you're replacing it w/ an axle back, that completely changes the narrative here.

Thanks again!

Edit: Oh and I have searched the forums and looked at a bunch of old threads.. just kinda looking for some up-to-date info - if that exists..
Not to be too technical here, but I've only ever heard exhaust changes called a "muffler delete" when Jim Bob at the local muffler shop chops your ish up and hacks them out so your exhaust will make that god awful popping racket like all the cousin f*ckin rednecks' trucks that live around here. If you're buying an actual short tail/axle-back system, that's completely different. Quick search looks like AAM is your only option unless you go CBE or pay $$$$$. A higher cell count HFC and a quality exhaust system w/ resonators will help keep it semi-civil. Again, FI or Greddy would likely be your best 2 options. Strap in for a wait time on either, though.

Quote:
Ok. So. I'm guessing - you have to go loud if you want better performance, without going SC or TT - right?

Also doing a muffler delete won't help with performance?
Bingo. And no. Still a tiny, restrictive system.

Quote:
Thanks for the info - so would you recommend CBE + HFC - or HFC + Muffler delete.

Speaking in terms of power - CBE + HFC will provide more correct?
Over a hackjob muffler delete, yes, that is correct.

Last edited by Whjaxn17; 11-04-2019 at 12:41 PM.
Whjaxn17 is offline   Reply With Quote