Thread: Porsche Cayman
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 11:48 PM   #89 (permalink)
k.alexander
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PG M6
k.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond repute

So a bit of an update...it’s been a busy weekend. Test drove a few more Caymans yesterday. Drove a ‘16 Cayman with a flat 6. Man, I now know what everyone is talking about, that engine sounds like god himself singing (and I’m not even that religious)! I mean just wow! But that was about it, nothing else about the “older” Cayman, other than the engine sound, is better. Drove a few 718s to try to see if I can tell the difference between the base and the S and the GTS. On the road at least, the difference is minimal, like really minimal. Side note: this other dealership I went to, has some of the best back roads around them, just great!

Anyways, taking my time exploring. The Lexus F-Sport mentioned by @Hotrotdz for example, is something to consider. But all goes back to all these cars M3/4, R/S5, F-Sport, looking the same...just mean [upgraded] versions of what everyone else is driving in their daily slug-fest...errr....commute.

On that note hanging out with someone tomorrow who has two older 911s and an M3 as a DD. Let’s see where that goes...
k.alexander is offline   Reply With Quote