Thread: Porsche Cayman
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #74 (permalink)
k.alexander
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z PG M6
k.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond reputek.alexander has a reputation beyond repute

@ZCanadian Thank you for your post! I wanted to quote portions of it and comment on them, but you're so spot on, and your comments are so well and thoughtfully written that I would just end up commenting and complimenting and agreeing with every sentence/phrase of your post.

That said, a few choice quotes still deserve it.

Yes, first world problems for sure. I, like I am sure many others, work hard, and life is not easy, but man, man, we are lucky, life could be much much worse...knock on wood. It's Friday, and I recommend everyone take a minute and reflect on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
That is the kind of decision that you need to make with your heart, and not your head.
Very true, I've done my research and due diligence. It comes down to a heart driven decision.

Quote:
There's no wrong answer, except to wait because you're afraid of making the wrong decision!
This is interesting, but decision paralysis is a real thing, and right now I'm leaning towards waiting until at least the spring/summer to see what happens to the 718 line in US.

Quote:
Oh, and be wary of Rennlist - it's not nearly as friendly, helpful, and accommodating as this board. ;-)
Oh man, for sure! I can already see that after hanging out there for the last week or two. I have to say, online forums are not known for bringing the best out in people, but I've been a member here since early 2009 and this forum is the best!!!

Quote:
Interesting thread. Looking forward to more input.
Yes, yes, yes! More input folks please!

PS: Whereas the BMW M/Audi S something were cars I always wanted in the past; I want one more "impractical" 2 seater in my life before I end up driving something that's a 2+2 sports coupe/sedan. Also I am of very little opinion of the reliability of BMW/Audi/Merc--I would not buy those cars with the intention of holding long term. I know I'm considering a potential gamble in that regard on the Porsche. Lastly, I like the classic look of the sports car, which is what the Z, the 718 (and for that matter the 911) offers; I'm not dying to get into a sports coupe in terms of appearance.
k.alexander is offline   Reply With Quote