View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 06:17 PM   #346 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by austins z View Post
Thanks! Ended up placing 1st in the Gridlife Street class season against much higher hp cars.

For reference, the top guys I ran with this season:
Evo9 @ 360-370whp
Sti @ 370-380whp
Evo10 @ 390-400whp
M3 @ 330-340whp
My Z @ 320-330whp

The class says nothing about engine builds so guess what the plans are for next season? Haha, this is why I have decided to go down this road. Plus if I ever get tired of GridLife, I can also add some slicks and aero and jump into NASA TT. GridLife street class is in for it next year if everything goes well this off season. They wont know what to do if I have the same power as they do!

Side note: comparing data to guys making only 30-40whp more than I do could gain anywhere from 1-2 seconds down the straightaways, depending on track, that I would have to claw back from shear corner speed. Maybe this extra power will allow me to not try to kill myself through the corners haha.

I can see where you hit a wall and feel the lack of power, you need to get every bit of milliseconds from turns, specially with some tracks where power can save a lot of time, this is something I feel as we have some long straights. I think 360-370whp with good torque can do wonders on our car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Soho did 391whp with a built motor.
I think this was on a low compression pistons that has been built for boost.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote