View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 03:34 PM   #344 (permalink)
austins z
Base Member

Drives: @austinhertel on IG
austins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
In the Pirelli World Cup. Doren Racing had to change stock cranks after every race because of the crank cranking the nose in the oil pump area. The 2nd year. They was allowed to run billet cranks.
Correct. But this was due to them pushing there rpms over 8k. the harmonics and vibration of the crank around 8100 (quoted from JWT) is very stressful and causes fatigue and eventually cracks. When you have a Nissan backed budget supplying them with 10 billet cranks, who cares? I will get around this issue by staying under 8k and running a suckerpunch billet pump/gear set. Most VQ's will make peak hp under 8k anyways.

Side note: Doran is very close to me. Check out my profile image. It is one of there front bumpers straight off there Pirelli challenge car. Haha. I've got a lot of "intel" from the Doran guys on different things they experienced, parts used, and trials and tribulations to there builds.
austins z is offline   Reply With Quote