View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 01:18 PM   #564 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
ummm yeaaaaaaaaa you spent so much on the engine to supercharge it?

smart money would be on some turbos. you could be well into 4 figure HP numbers with the engine build and some big boy snails and have 0 of the headaches. especially considering the stage 3 build they offer is rated for over 1000whp.

Of course I know that lol.
I went supercharger based on me staying a stock engine.
Then I blew a rod.
And I'm in california.
I did not know anyone at the time that could get me to pass smog when I purchased the supercharger kit.
In fact i knew nobody at all in the car scene.

So with those things considered, I needed to stay carb legal hence why I bought that carb SC kit with the intention that I'll have the same block lol.

But things took a change for the worse and I lost that engine, n bought this one on a whim when I had already planned to upgrade the engine as the very last thing instead of forcefully do it up front due to broken stock block.

I was told the stage IV handles up to 1000rwhp not stage 3 from IPP.

And cuz I'm a dirty automatic kid, I'm unfortunately stuck with a weak *** transmission, lol.

So yeah. I totally get what ur saying though.
If I knew ahead of time I wouldnt need to worry about smog then I'd of definitely gone turbos