View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 12:38 PM   #561 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

1) not sold

2) would only sell it if I can restart at square 0 or higher and not make the same mistakes I made in the last 2 years.

3) the only issue with it is there something wrong with the boost , will try to get it checked out and fixed as best as possible before making more stupid irrational decisions on it than I already made xD

4) the other reasons why I had ideas of selling it was because I'm probably never going to make good use of my engine's potential lol since I'm supercharged. So either I step up the blower to YSi/Nova 2200x and upgrade the transmission or sell the engine to someone who could actually make use of if with a high profile turbo build and use a stock engine. I really only have this engine cause I didnt wana spend 7k on a remanufactured stock engine and I was caught in the worst time for the stock one I had to blow the rod. It was between me quitting my last job and a week before starting my new one at the group home I work at, lol. So this engine was actually bought in panic mode / irrational thoughts mode because I needed a car to use and that was my only daily xD

Yes yes some of u gna say it's normal for me to make irrational dumb stubborn decisions so it's nothing new so I'll say it first before yall say it lol. Its whatevs.
This was also before I knew anybody in the Z community and also knew close to nothing about what route to take blah blah.

5) I'm gona have the car checked out this week to hopefully test the boost issue. The attached screenshot shows the issue. Many friends told me it looks like a boost leak and not belt slip.

Some things we will test is:
- Clean the air filter and put it back on to see if I make same boost or not as currently
- See what the car makes without the air filter, what psi it will be at.
- Swap the 3.2" SC pulley down to a 3.0" SC pulley over spinning it about 3k faster or so and see what it makes
- Check all the connections, couplers, vaccum lines, BPV to make sure it's all good and secure or not.

Hopefully we will detect where the leak is coming from and fix it from there.

That and the engine be knocking and Eugene has been pulling so much timing from all sorts of areas because of it, it ain't even funny. Probably a stock 370z can keep up with me lol at this point in time with all the million degrees of timing he pulled.

I mean I can swap to e85 and get all my timing back probably but I still wana know why my vehicle is knocking the way it is ar low and high RPMs. AFR is fine on the logs so idk! Long term fuel trims are also fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_751021822013765.jpg (70.3 KB, 14 views)