View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 08:28 AM   #334 (permalink)
austins z
Base Member

Drives: @austinhertel on IG
austins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond reputeaustins z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlWakRa View Post
Austin, good to see you here. Great job on your Gridlife participation

My assumption about engine power, with a 4.0L stroker and cams, our engines can hit 400whp, but this require a lot of money and a good engine builder, and race fuel, I am entertaining the idea of trying this route to see if my assumption are right, nobody tried this route for NA build, even for FI, nobody dynoed a built engine before adding snails.
Thanks! Ended up placing 1st in the Gridlife Street class season against much higher hp cars.

For reference, the top guys I ran with this season:
Evo9 @ 360-370whp
Sti @ 370-380whp
Evo10 @ 390-400whp
M3 @ 330-340whp
My Z @ 320-330whp

The class says nothing about engine builds so guess what the plans are for next season? Haha, this is why I have decided to go down this road. Plus if I ever get tired of GridLife, I can also add some slicks and aero and jump into NASA TT. GridLife street class is in for it next year if everything goes well this off season. They wont know what to do if I have the same power as they do!

Side note: comparing data to guys making only 30-40whp more than I do could gain anywhere from 1-2 seconds down the straightaways, depending on track, that I would have to claw back from shear corner speed. Maybe this extra power will allow me to not try to kill myself through the corners haha.
austins z is offline   Reply With Quote