Thread: Stock vs Nismo
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 04:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave11 View Post
I don't want my new Z to sound like a Buick, but I don't want it to sound like a hot rod either. I am thinking about replacing my stock exhaust with the standard Nismo cat back exhaust not the R-Tune. I do not want to void the warranty. Can anyone tell me the difference in sound between the stock and Nismo exhausts?
The stock exhaust on the Z leaves a lot to be desired because it is too quiet for a Japanese sports car and the design is restrictive and heavy as well. I know the S-Tune Nismo exhaust has a nice aggressive sound without being too loud. The R-Tune Nismo exhaust is more conservative but still has a good exhaust note too. The only other exhaust I believe would really be similar would be the Stillen exhaust. You can not have your warranty voided because you just installed a exhaust there is a act such as the Magnuson-Moss warranty act. The Nissan dealership service department will have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the actual aftermarket part or modification you installed deliberately caused the Genuine Nissan OEM part to fail. If anything the Nissan Dealership Service Department will be in terrible odds are. You should listen to other Z enthusiasts exhausts in person or listen to exhaust clips on places like YouTube to determine what exhaust you really like. Exhaust is just a very subjective topic here on this forum it seems that everyone likes something different now days. Also be selective about where you bring your Z for service.

Last edited by Quicksilvers; 10-28-2019 at 04:57 AM.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote