View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
TARDCORE
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Solid Red 370Z
TARDCORE is on a distinguished road
Default Oil Cooler hose exploded

Like the topic states. Right above the AN fitting it sort of mushroomed on the end that connects to the thermo plate. I dont know exactly what happened as I didnt feel like looking at tonight. Not as mad as I thought Id be but disappointed. Any ideas? I mean everything was sturdy, tightly closed. the core didnt even budge from the bracket we made to attach it. I am really disappointed and I hope nothing internally was damaged since it pretty much drained the entire system of 6.4 qts or so. Basically what happened was right after the install I drove the car until it reached 180F. The I redlined the hell out of it for a while. The temp was still doing good and there were no leaks of any kind. Then I decided to take long route home on the freeway and see how it did on the temp while highway driving. All I remember is at one point I down shifted from 6th to 4th at 80mph and brought it up to about 6800rpms and thats when it happened. Any ideas? were the hoses not sealed properly above the AN fitting.

Here is the pic of right after we installed it. Of course its not the aftermath pic. I really wasnt in the mood to even lookat the car I was so disappointed.

Last edited by TARDCORE; 02-05-2010 at 02:01 AM.
TARDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote