View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
TARDCORE
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Solid Red 370Z
TARDCORE is on a distinguished road

BAD NEWS. Right after we installed the GTM Oil Cooler I was driving on the freeway and I let it warm up to 180 F. Well it stayed there really well. BUT the AN fitting exploded on the freeway when I brought it up redline! Oil everywhere. The $80 I spent on oil all over the 805 S on the last exit before Mexico. I am not quite sure what exactly happened but from the looks of it from the above the engine, the hose section above the AN fitting exploded. Oil all over my engine compartment. Not too happy about this but not exactly irate. I really really hope I didn't damage any internals since I didn't notice the smoke comming out the exhaust right away. I shoulda bought that dumb vette lol

Right there where its circled the hose basically mushroomed. I cant think of anything you could do wrong with plumbing since all you is connect it. The hoses and core were all really well connected and tight. The really crappy thing is that right after we installed it, I drove it around until it reached optimum operating temp then redlined the **** out of the car for quite a while. No issues. Oil temp was held well at around 190-200. Then as I was going back home I decided to take a longer route on the freeway and see how well the oil cooler would keep the temp down on the freeway. And thats basically when it exploded and the pressure dropped, smoke everywhere. Not good. Supprisingly I am not as pissed as I thought I would be. But if anything is damaged internally I dont even think I will have the dealer fix it. Honestly this might be a good thing. I mean I did want that dumb vette grand sport lol

Last edited by TARDCORE; 02-05-2010 at 01:32 AM.
TARDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote