View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 05:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithF View Post
Hello all,

I recently installed stillen CAI on my z, it ran beautifully! but after 50 miles I get a CEL. I decided to buy some MAF cleaner and do my diligence, I reset the ECU again. It ran beautifully again! another 50 or so miles the CEL pops up again and idles at 1k and runs like a limp donkey half the time. This time I run a scan and I get P0174 for bank 2. I clean the MAFs again, reset the ecu, and spray some maf cleaner to see if I can detect any vacuum leaks. I couldn't find any leaks, and after the reset it runs beautifully again. Here we are another 50 miles later and the CEL is on, idling at 1k, and wondering if I made a mistake by putting the CAI on after the muffler delete and wondering if I absolutely need a tune. Any ideas?

thanks,
Keith
Keith you are at the border line of actually “needing” a tune. You could also have other issues with your Z as well with the CEL you currently have. I’ve seen lean conditions several times from intake manifold gasket/s leak,faulty MAF’s,vacuum hoses leaking,faulty 02 sensors etc.not related to any of your mods. First I would have a mechanic or shop you trust diagnose your CEL to see if they can find anything like a vacuum leak etc. before doing anything else. In the worse case scenario hope that you don’t have a plugged up internal fuel filter (result from using cheap gasoline),faulty/weak fuel pump,plugged fuel injector/s.