View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute
Default A2A Supercharged Intake Options

So awhile ago, I wanted to break the A2A discussions in to separate threads due to the massiveness and great usefulness of the current two threads.

Here I would like to discuss some ways to increase the efficiency of the kit from the supercharger suction side.

Bewhitey came up with a 3D printable induction tube that requires extensive radiator support modification.

I recently ordered some components to try and make something similar that will require less support modification. Essentially, it would be some 3.5" silicone tubing with some aluminum support bits. The route would be (it sounds complicated right now, I know):
Supercharge intake,
to 3.5" silicone coupling,
to 3.5" x ~4" long aluminum tube,
to another section of 3.5" silicone tubing that would pass through the hole on the driver's side similar to the intake Y pipe on the passenger side,
to an aluminum 90 degree bend,
to a much larger intake filter, similar to what Bewhitey used, but skinnier, I think

I get the parts on Saturday while I'm out of town, so Sunday after church I plan to try to get everything cut and assembled, as well as get some data logs to compare.

What I've ordered:
HPS (HTST-3F-350-BLK) Black 3.5" x 3' Long Straight Silicone Hose Coupler Tube
1 x Vibrant 12055 3.5" O.D. Aluminum Joiner Coupling
1 x Spectre Performance 9732 Universal Clamp-On Air Filter: Round Tapered; 3 in/3.5 in/4 in Flange ID; 8.75 in Height; 6 in Base
1 x Ispeedytech 3.5" Performance 90 Degree Tight Radius hose Cast Aluminum Turbo Elbow pipe 89 mm

The reason for the coupler in the middle is to reduce the length of unsupported silicone tubing and prevent collapse under vacuum. This may or may not be an issue, as I'm looking for about 12psi, but I figure better safe than sorry.

Any input or discussion would be fantastic!
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote