View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 12:02 PM   #361 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Real drivers can make anything turn a corner hard and fast. Most people dont like the camaro cuz though it has high g's, its limited view and ultra wide body hamper your confidence.
In my case, when I felt I was dealing with a superior platform. I decided to overcome my own perceived limitations and master its size. Driving my little Z had no real effort for me to drive it hard. I fixed that with the suspension setup and my skills took over.

My camaro, it took two flat tires replacing my right front rim and cracking my underbody shield to confidently hit corners and realize where my right front end was in really tight angles where a car that size shouldnt be.

But since I can feel that suspension is so great I can make that car do little car acrobatics. I learned my cars geometry with hard lessons on a complex track n dead roads But I'm rewarded for it.

The game, is the game. Pick the tool thats best FOR YOU you need to play it. Being the best is just pushing yourself to be that and making the adjustments you have to take to make yourself a better driver! If miata's make you feel like you will be a better driver? Do it!!
But theres more than one way to skin a cat.
Ricky Bobby did it with a cougar in his backseat.
It’s not about a Miata making you feel like a better driver, it’s that getting professional instruction in a low hp front engine rwd mt car WILL make you a better driver bc you will improve car control, have more time to understand and correct inputs and learn how to drive smooth and carry speed thru the corners. You’ll also learn how to brake which is equally important.

Spend a couple years, (yes, I said years), doing hpde regularly and then come back and revisit this post, I guarantee you’ll have changed your mind.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote