View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRiZO View Post
So last night someone hit my rear right wheel. I was on the outside right turn lane, and them on the inside turn lane (and then my lane).

What type of damage should I be mindful of? I'll be taking it to the shop on her insurances dime of course, but the wheel has zero impact buffering, opposed to pretty much anywhere else on the vehicle. Axle, differential, strut?

It's luckily seemingly minor and mostly limited to my wheel, with some minor paint chips on the rear bumper.

Do I need to consider loss of value?

Photo of damage if you're curious.

Thanky
In any auto accident it depends on how hard your vehicle was hit
during impact will depend on how much damage actually occurred? By your description and picture this accident sounds minor you are fortunate could have been a lot worse at least you are ok. Your rear bumper cover obviously needs to be repaired and repainted, your wheel can either be repaired or replaced. It takes a pretty hard hit to damage the axles they are stronger than most think but I would have the side where your wheel was hit thoroughly inspected and what damage is found you will not know until it is inspected. One of the most common things I have seen in all auto accidents is vehicles alignments get knocked off no matter if your vehicle was hit in the front or rear. Since this is on the other parties insurance dime I would request to the shop you choice that a alignment be done.