Thread: 350z quality
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 04:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHZZ View Post
Have to agree regarding a previous post that some of the materials used by
Nissan on the Z33 were substandard.
The interior parts such as door barrels were especially bad.
The objective IMO was to control the the cost of the car.
A few entities,such as ZCFcovers have offered carbon covers to
fix these problems.I believe ZCF also has carbon covers for Z34 cars
Yes, unfortunately Nissan had to cut their costs to make revenue on each Z33 unit sold as a lot of other automotive manufacturers now days. A lot of the small inexpensive plastic pieces are out sourced. Basically just about the whole Nissan 350Z is made in Japan and it indicates it on the window sticker when brand new that is where the quality does come from. I had an 03 and 08 350Z and overall they are reliable and dependable vehicles to own. I had 300K miles on my 03 350Z when it was traded in great car! The only negative comments I would have is I had to replace scratched interior pieces both door panels and console and the struts bar in the rear trunk. The 350Z is slower at the track comparing to the 370Z. I seen a lot of Z33 guys painting and coating their interiors as well as installing the carbon covers on the door panels it can be repaired. The exhaust note is too quiet for a Japanese sports car and installing an exhaust is a must do! I miss the oil pressure gauge that was a great perk indeed.