View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #345 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
So where Corvette got their numbers from? I dont know? But this dyno says it pushed over 600hp at the crank. Over 550hp at the wheels.
Talk about UNDERRATED!!!

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020...c8-power-dyno/
Hmmm, Mustang Dyno - invariably quite wrong, but typically comes in low.
Interesting.

It sounds like there is a lot of guesswork in going back up the drivetrain, though.

This is not a new engine for GM. They know every inch of it, and last I checked, they've been in the car business for quite a while - long enough to know what they are doing. I'm thinking that the manufacturer wouldn't under-state the actual HP figure by that much, so doubting that the test and report are really much more than click bait. But GM won't mind the extra attention, just the same!
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote