View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 09:41 AM   #93 (permalink)
Z4fun
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z SC M6
Z4fun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgr406 View Post
I've been having this same issue and it's really affecting my enjoyment of the car. It's happened to me probably 7 or 8 times this summer / fall. Seems to be increasing in frequency. It's to the point where I'm uncomfortable driving the car in heavy traffic b/c I never know when it's going to go limp. I've emailed Stillen about this, but of course, I've not heard back from them. I just ordered the Michigan Motorsports cable, so I'll see if that helps / fixes it. Thanks @Z4fun for finding & posting that!

I would of bought Topgunz cables since he is selling them for $20, if I knew before. Awesome guy, definitely support him !

My issue was the same it ran fine for about 1 year , then started acting up once in a while then more and more often. Cables shouldn't react like that unless there's an external force acting on them to lower the life span like (heat , tention, ice, ect) I feel changing the cable is a bandaid if we don't fix the underlying issue.

I have the car with my mechanic and we are gonna try to find a way to resolve it permanently, if we can reroute them somehow, or if not insulate the hell out of them I will send some pics when we figure it out.
Z4fun is offline   Reply With Quote