View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Sounds like a great event.
Yeah, I’ve had that same stupid grin on my face for 4 years now.

You did well to get the car to that speed on the straight - in long track there are two decent stratighaways - the front one parallel to the drag strip and the back one (active runway). Was it on the front?

When I go, it is usually the (short) technical track, so we use all of the runway and my 4C gets to high 180’s if I get a good entry. I use a laptimer app on my phone and 10hz external gps. No times on the long layout, but on short I’ve made it into the low 1:14’s.

It’s a great facility, with some decent asphalt, challenging corners, and not much to hit if you mess up. No doubt that tracking a car is hard on all of the mechanicals, but most cars drive home under their own steam. Definitely accelerates wear on all of the drive train components, brakes, tires wheel bearings and suspension. But man, very little compares to having a perfect session. I’m a private pilot (who hasn’t flown for decades for various reasons). Tracking is the next best thing, and flying is the only thing that comes close to he feeling.

Glad the breakdown did not spoil it for you. Hope to see you out there sometime!
The top speed was definitely along the first one parallel to the drag, iirc it was the longer of the two.

You will definitely see me back there can't wait to go again!

As for the flying that is my dream to get that license next. I am lucky my dad has long time friend that takes us up. Then my now brother inlaw is flying commercial airlines for air Canada but when I first met him he was a private instructor out of small Ottawa airport for both basic and aerobatic flying. He took me on a sweet aero ride once. When we landed I was astatic similar to track,ing loving every minute of it! Said if I get rich I am learning to do that! lol. He was also surprised I didn't black out on some of the moves he pulled. He was trying hard to make it happen I forget if we pulled 3 or 4Gs in the plane on a couple moves! Best part was when he gave me the stick and let me try couple different rolls! OMFG!!!! amazing!