View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 09:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a great event.
Yeah, I’ve had that same stupid grin on my face for 4 years now.

You did well to get the car to that speed on the straight - in long track there are two decent stratighaways - the front one parallel to the drag strip and the back one (active runway). Was it on the front?

When I go, it is usually the (short) technical track, so we use all of the runway and my 4C gets to high 180’s if I get a good entry. I use a laptimer app on my phone and 10hz external gps. No times on the long layout, but on short I’ve made it into the low 1:14’s.

It’s a great facility, with some decent asphalt, challenging corners, and not much to hit if you mess up. No doubt that tracking a car is hard on all of the mechanicals, but most cars drive home under their own steam. Definitely accelerates wear on all of the drive train components, brakes, tires wheel bearings and suspension. But man, very little compares to having a perfect session. I’m a private pilot (who hasn’t flown for decades for various reasons). Tracking is the next best thing, and flying is the only thing that comes close to he feeling.

Glad the breakdown did not spoil it for you. Hope to see you out there sometime!
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote