View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 08:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately we didn't get clocked it was just open lapping at our own leisure. I know that by hour 3 my lines were so much sharper...… for a newb that is lol. At first I was only hitting maybe 160-165km/h along the first long straight away. By the end I was up to 180-190 before I would need to slower down into that tight corner. I was looking less though and going off more of the feeling and driving markers I had made mentally not looking at speedo. It was so much fun! Wife thinks I am slightly mental as I was and still am all smiles from the day even with it breaking. She thought I'd be pissed lol. Other track days nothing broke but I knew it was a matter of time before something went. I think they say it's part of tracking no? Sh!t will break eventually.

The Z will get fixed. We will rebuild it stronger! I may have fukt a lot of things up in hind sight but I am ok with that the Z has been a pure fun car. It has rarely been on the road much past few years (little kids come along - 6&4) so who knows over time Z may become full time track car. Would save me the insurance at least each summer for not getting out much......

A couple people attending had either race licenses or in the process doing it (the one son of the dad with it!) Some very nice cars in attendance.

2 Camaros both ZL1 but one was a 1LE - the track pack
458 spyder
modenna
M3
BMW 355 track car
2 370z
VW GTI

Two track built cars
Atom
Radical