View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Holy ****. Oem should work perfectly fine at those levels. You have any pictures on how your diff blew or can you describe? I would email Nismo about the diff and what temperature range those clutch plates can tolerate. Dss pro level axles is always a option ( believe that the name), I would try another set of Oem before pulling the trigger on those DSS’s, also I would look into a diff cooler from MaMotorsports, and a billet diff cover from soho motorsports. Will the car be ok running that crazy bank at Daytona without any oil
Issues? I heard it’s highly recommended to have a dry sump you are able to keep steady oil pressure and not suck in air.
You are way overthinking it, Daytona and oil starve issues that is. Wifey ran both of our nismo 370s there all the time, it’s our home track, total of six years, three for each car, never an issue, fuel starve on the other hand...that’s a huge issue.

Both cars were n/a with bolt ons, so for fi, perhaps a different issue with oil starve, btw, mike’s full on race car spec 370z never had oil starve there either iirc and he ran the **** outta that car, I believe all he had was a z1 oil pan spacer. Again, full bolt ons and n/a.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote