View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 10:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
This Griffin Motorwerke shop actually thinks they could build a custom setup using Recaro parts and some custom work.

They had pix of a 6'6 guy that could barely fit into his mustang (late model) and with custom rails got him ******* on the floor with 3 inches of space, with sliding capability

That gives me hope that the proper rail/slider combo would gain headspace, in addition to the angle of a bucket

The other suggestion was to use the Recaro SPG XL with stock 3 point seatbelts - any dramatic drawbacks to doing that for noncompetitive track driving?
You will not be able to make room unless you take Betty’s experience and advice or fabricate custom rails. I currently have the Bride Stradia II seats in my Z they were not only back ordered for 4-8 weeks but payed full price to get them. If you go with the Bride seats make sure to use the Bride seats rails as they have the best overall fitment with Bride seats but you can get a option for having a low cushion or normal cushion that’s up to you. These Bride seats are observed to be very slightly lower than the base Z seats.