View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Taller than stock is a no go, the reason i'm going bucket is for lower seating position
I spent at least 200 hours researching, experimenting, and pissing away too much $$$ with various seats and mount designs for the 370Z. You can't get lower than OEM with a sliding, side-mounted seat unless you custom-build a mount that bolts directly to the floor pan. So you'd have to weld plates to the underbody. And that design would only work if the bucket was angled up so your legs can bend and actually fit in the car. So with sliders, as you move the seat forward it'd also go upwards.

If you find a way to solve this issue please let us know, bc it stumped the hell out of me.