View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #46 (permalink)
Spec Jay
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MtB 09 370z
Spec Jay will become famous soon enoughSpec Jay will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Spec Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by loufitness View Post
Spec-Jay...A 3 sec gain from Diff sounds like a pretty big move. Is there anything special to your setup that enabled that type of gain...or do you think I could experience similar results on a track that I currently run 2:29.xx?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
I don't mean to answer for jay but the biggest reason for time to fall off will be that with a true lsd, you can get on the throttle much sooner than with the factory vlsd. The car will also make better use of the power it is already making as it wont be spent spinning the unloaded wheel through the corner and on exit.

The factory vlsd is fine as on the street and I guess it's better than nothing, but as your grip and skill improve, it will let you down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Yeah, you come out of the corner quicker, and get to the next corner quicker.
Big thing about my setup is having north of 500whp.

The factory VLSD I was getting loads of inside wheel spin and I was never able to utilize the extra power, there's multiple corners on my home track that I used to never be able to stay flat out without getting inside spin that I'm able to now.

Here's a video of the factory VLSD in action
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRJuDWzgwbw/

It's hard to say if you'll get those kind of gains but another guy that runs with me is running a N/A 370 and saw similar results when he went to a Nismo 1.5 though.

The stickier the tire, bigger the power and more aero all exaggerates how poor the factory LSD is.