View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 08:41 PM   #44 (permalink)
Brendan
Track Member

Drives: Poor man's Porsche
Brendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by loufitness View Post

Spec-Jay...A 3 sec gain from Diff sounds like a pretty big move. Is there anything special to your setup that enabled that type of gain...or do you think I could experience similar results on a track that I currently run 2:29.xx?
I don't mean to answer for jay but the biggest reason for time to fall off will be that with a true lsd, you can get on the throttle much sooner than with the factory vlsd. The car will also make better use of the power it is already making as it wont be spent spinning the unloaded wheel through the corner and on exit.

The factory vlsd is fine as on the street and I guess it's better than nothing, but as your grip and skill improve, it will let you down.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote