View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Racing Seat Fitment help: Bride Zeta XL vs Recaro SPG XL

Looking for a racing seat, primarily to gain head space with a helmet, in addition to the obvious holding upgrade. Without a helmet, i have maybe an inch space from the roof; with a Bell Sport helmet, i have to tilt and bend like an idiot. This won't work on track.

I stopped by Griffin Motorwerke (https://www.g-werke.com), which bills itself as the largest Recaro distributor in North America. Having seen their warehouse, i believe them - they have aisles full of seats AND all sorts of spares parts, plus walls and walls of harnesses and associated components. They will build you a custom bracket to whatever the hell spec you want. They have a showroom with every goddamn Recaro available. Basically, Recaro heaven.

I test fit a Recaro SPG XL, which based on available measurements, was the closest i could get. Legs and hips - perfect! Shoulders? perfect! Now I know what i need:

Massive problem, though: My torso is too tall, putting the top of my shoulders at about the top of the harness pass through openings. Per their harness guy (yes, they have a harness guy), that is going to lead to spine compression and i don't want that.

So now I need a seat is roughly the same dimensions (about 540mm wide at the bottom, 880mm tall, with harness pass-through above 600 mm height)

Unfortunately the closets i can think of is the Bride Zeta XL, but there is no dealer in the area and no one that has one locally. From looking at their measurements:

, it LOOKS like their harness pass-through openings sit higher than the Recaro SPG XL.

Comparo:

Anyone familiar enough with both seats to be able to tell?

Another option that might be in play is a Sparco EVO II L