View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 02:41 PM   #4240 (permalink)
ZontheRocks
Track Member

Drives: 2016 Nissan PW 370Z
ZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond repute

Was doing 5k mile oil changes, but now that the ride is at 48k, I am switching it up to 3k mile intervals. I went with Motul 8100 Eco-nergy over the Mobil1 that I had used for the last four oil changes (20k miles). Ordered a Blackstone kit and will use it on the next oil change at 51k.

While I was under the car performing a visual inspection on the ART pipes, I noticed the that mid muffler on my Shockwave had a nice cracked weld on the leading edge. No dent, but seems like I knocked something to make it pop.

To fix it, I went with the tried and true JB Weld epoxy putty. Comes in a cylinder with the reactive putty as the core. Knead it to solid color and apply. Ugly fix on a nice exhaust, but $6.99 was perfect for my budget on a Saturday morning. And it did fix the leak. Sound is no longer close to open down pipes at full throttle.

I'll keep an eye on it, but don't think I'll be taking the muffler off to get the weld fixed or ordering a replacement through Motordyne anytime soon. If anything, I may spend a project day to sand down the putty a bit. I Play Doh'd it up to ensure a nice and solid seal.