View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Namir
Track Member

Drives: 09 G37S 6MT
Namir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond reputeNamir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
Sure, it is unpredictable. It locks too slowly. You can't USE the diff the way you should be able to for car control on the track. Its great for the street, but not very good on the track. You will see a lot of the corners, specially the hairpin before the back straight that I was trying to lock it up every lap, sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldnt, and even other times it would look up kinda but not really. I shouldn't need to floor it to be able to use the rear to drive the car.
Hey RCZ, in hindsight: Do you feel like the sports package is worth it for someone who WILL be tracking the car and likely making the necessary modifications.

I'm assuming you are going to get a new diff, and probably some lightweight 18's with track tires. So thats already 2 major components of the sports package that need replacement (wheels and diff).
Would it be better to save the 3k and put it towards a set of AP racing brakes? For track I would most definitely get a set of coils, track wheels/tires, diff (eventually), and suspension bracing as needed. (And oil cooler but this doesn't have anything to do with sports vs non sports package)
So really the only thing left in the sports package is the brakes and the SRM.
Thoughts?

G37S|6MT|PREM|NAV|Eibach|Ichibia|Injen
Namir is offline   Reply With Quote