View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #454 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
I think the drop in boost at high rpms is from the supercharger side belt slipping. I ran my hand under under the belts and on serpentine side it's clean, but once I touch that supercharger side belt my hand is covered in black dust which I assume isn't normal and due to it slipping. I can tighten that tensioner, which looks like a real pain in the *** to get to while still in the car, however if it's already making 13psi with belt slip I really don't want to know what it will do once it's tightened. Boost gauge arrives next week and I should be able to verify with that the MAP sensor readings just to make sure. Also new clutch is going in next week as well
Chances are it isn't going to make any more boost, it'll just make 13 psi all the way to redline. Keep an eye on the supercharger side and see if you start to get dust build up around the pulleys and bracket.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote