View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
They might've done this as a final run hype product that they hope creates some allure down the road. Maybe add the R&D costs in there too. I don't think they expect to sell every last one quickly.

There surely is no practical spending for this, and really the problem is how long the car has existed, and knowing what the base used to cost. With that money, I imagine people would be more inclined to the stereotypical dream cars. Hell, I would still be going after a used 458.

Had this been like the first time we saw an R35, we probably would be like we were in 2007, in awe of how exceptional of a refrigerator this is. Even in 2019, this is impressive. But, we've seen this for far long, that there's higher expectation at this point.
When I drove the 458 on track.... i became a born again believer. The 458 handles, sounds, steers, feels perfect in every sense of the word. The seats are bolted into the chassis for the ultimate connection to the cars chassis.
The C8 has big shoes to fill being the 458 is a benchmark.

I'd buy 3 458's before I buy a GTR at 200k. I haven't driven a nismo version of a GTR... but umm. Still. The ferrari is the embodiment of a true sports car. That's why I was attracted to the Z. Its ferrari like gauges and ergo. The Z places everything perfectly. Just like ferrari.