View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 01:15 AM   #446 (permalink)
"Z"en
Base Member

Drives: 15 Z, 13 R58, 09 GTR
"Z"en has a spectacular aura about"Z"en has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBacon View Post
I don't have an EGT probe, so I don't know. I have a very hard time believing this could be exhaust flow related, as I'm sure there's others with more restrictive exhausts that don't have similar problems. At worst case scenario if I can't figure this out, I'll just unbolt the damn thing and do a pull and see what happens.

Here's a picture of the pulley setup:
Looking good. There seems to be no belt dust. Check if there is leak from the intake pipes, silicone hoses, gaskets, and/or valve. I'm always interested in the design and actual performance of the E370, especially its 2-1 Y section where there seems to be only one single 3-3.25" pipe as the merge collector. I think it does help advance the scavenging effect but dunno if this will cause back pressure to hinder CFM of big power. From their web info, it seems the exhaust is capable of supporting 700-hp output. Let us know the dyno results and type of fuel you use when you have them (if possible). Guess this is the only way to justify the hypothesis of the restriction (whether it does flow freely or not).

Last edited by "Z"en; 10-09-2019 at 07:53 AM.
"Z"en is offline   Reply With Quote