View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
A lean mixture runs hotter than a rich mixture. Advanced timing will run hotter too.
So my point is valid, I was under the impression that forced induction are more prone to that, a friend has a brz with turbo, he have multiple maps and methanol, when we tried the conservative one (around 260whp) the oil temps was good for two or more laps, but when we switched to the aggressive one (I think 290 or 300whp), it reached the same level of temps within one lap. This lead me to try and see in my car, I know many try to get best power and leave the tune on the edge (I am a culprit as well), which isn't harmful in street as you don't redline the engine too much, but at track, it is a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Stock oil pump will support it. But I would stay away from the 8,000 redlines. Even with no cooler.
Yup, in my case I shift earlier unless there is a turn coming or I am trying to have the hotlap of my life, let's say around 7200 my sweet spot (before the little drop in power felt between 7200-7500), and my limiter set at 7700 I think, but yeah the pressure drop will be more felt on high rpms.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote