View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

Engine oil you are using can affect temps, I had used multiple types, Mobil, Motul, Liqui Moly, Castrol, and oem nissan, mostly 0w40 or 5w40. While I cannot comment on oem, Moly was the worst, the temps rise quicker than others. Mobil wasn't too far. Best luck was with Castrol and Motul.

Also there is another thing in my mind, would fuel affect temps? like if the tune is aggressive for the used fuel, would it affect temps? Last trackday, which was the hottest and most humid day I participated in, I added boostane to my fuel and used the least aggressive map, my temps was climbing the same as when I use the same tune on cooler days, I know I needed to try more aggressive tune same day to confirm my assumption.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote