View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 06:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXCloud View Post
So I've been doing some reading and I've seen that the z1 shorty headers can provide the same power as just about all the brand LTH. I've read that the biggest difference comes down to high end vs low end HP/Torque when you have a turbo/SC installed. I'm guessing at this point, it's really down to where I want that power, and then choosing the configuration from there

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
It depends on where you would like to make the power in the power band and what brand manufacturer you want to give your business to? The Z1 shorty headers have been proven to make power over the stock OEM Nissan headers. Having seen other people’s dyno results I seen they make gains lower in the power band comparing to the longtube headers and have better ground clearance. Stillen use to make headers for our cars. If you decide on the Z1 headers I recommend not using their exhaust gaskets because they are prone to leaking. Use FI,AAM,Berk etc exhaust gaskets instead. I had to take my exhaust apart before due the Z1 exhaust gaskets leaking to replace my exhaust exhausts customers beware.