View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 05:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
NismoSpain
Base Member

Drives: 370z Nismo 078
NismoSpain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoSpain View Post
Hi all,

I have to change the tires of the '14 nismo and I'm looking forward to installing the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Unfortunately I cannot find the tire dimensions that match my vehicle. (Front 245/40 R19 98Y, Rear 285/35 R19 99Y)

Has anybody gone with these tires? in case not, any suggestion for my Nismo?(only premium brands)

Thanks in advance!
Hi! Time flies and I finally could not find the MPS4S in OEM dimensions (at least here in Europe). After a careful investigation searching on the internet over and over again, I came across with this interesting review from summer '19. In there you can find that actually the king of the UHP tires seems to be the Continental SportContact 6:

https://tiresvote.com/articles/sport...mer-tire-test/

Not only that but also, you can find a very comprehensive tire test from tire reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NcenJ0zmAY&t=197s

To sum it up: Continental SportContact 6 wins the category as the sportiest feeling and dry handling. Taking into account the weather here in Spain I decided to go with the German ones (why not?).

I've struggled to find the rear 285/35/19 OEM sizes for the Contis. At the end, a pair were found (unfortunately DOM 7/16) and mounted today with the front ones 245/40/19 (manufactured on 25/19).

You think it was over? Of course not. This was just the begginig. Right after stepping outside the repair shop, I quickly noticed that driving over 70 mph a huge vibration at the steering wheel appeared. I though the tires should be out of balance by far. And they were! all of them.

I don't know if it's because it has been the first tire replacement in my nismo but it took them to balance and rebalance the four tires twice each!!

Finally I think the got the point, but from this day I'm sure I will be pretty unconfident with that issue, checking and rechecking any new vibration in the steering wheel.

Additionaly, after cleaning all wheels to seal the new rubbers. I found two scrachtes in my beloved Nismo rear wheels (see images attached). Seriously, How can it be possible??? For me they are the most beautiful ones for any Nismo!

Hard day at office, tryning not to be pesimistic. But sometimes, reality steps over you... HARD., no matter your ilusions (personal insight). How to maintain inmaculate your wheels? I just don't know.

By the way, I will be giving periodic feedback about the żbest? summer tires in market. Stay tuned!

Bye!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scracth_R_RH.JPG (59.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Scracth_R_LH.JPG (41.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg SportContact6.JPG (80.8 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by NismoSpain; 10-01-2019 at 05:48 PM.
NismoSpain is offline   Reply With Quote