View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
hrtbrknprince
Base Member

Drives: 14 MBMM6S
hrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond reputehrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond reputehrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond reputehrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond reputehrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond reputehrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond reputehrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond reputehrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond reputehrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond reputehrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond reputehrtbrknprince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coilovers for a weekend car

Hello all

I have a few decisions to make that maybe some of you can help guide me on.

So far for my suspension upgrades the parts I've purchased are

Swift Springs (decided not to use)
SPL Camber arms
SPC toe bolts
20mm spacers (decided not to use)

At first I thought this was all I wanted/needed to have a decent fitment for some used factory Nismo wheels.

I ended up going quite a bit further and decided I want to cry once. So I bought...

Forgestar wheels 19x9.5+20 wrapped in 245/40/19 and 19x11+17 in 285/35/19
and the Z1 Brake kit upgrade since It's time for brakes.

Now I don't do any track driving nor do I plan to do anything more than autocross.Most of my driving is cruising back country roads or the Interstate. So I do value comfort as I typically cruise for 1-3 hours at a time. It's not a daily though.

I decided I want to get coilovers instead and install everything together and be done. So that brought me to Fortune Auto. After reading on the divorced style vs true I decided I want to get the OEM style because I didn't think I'd get much benefit from doing midlinks. Fortune auto offers a bunch of options on this coilover and everything I've read on the forums has started to somewhat run together and I ended up more confused. Now my actual questions.

Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers for Nissan 370z (OEM Rear) - Fortune Auto SuperStore by Enjuku Racing Parts, LLC

Should I get the swift spring upgrade or can I use my swift springs and get the correct valved shocks as long as the diameter is the same? I have no problem just selling my swifts and buying them already with the coilovers if that's the best route.

Do I need the radial mount upgrades? I've read it reduces some noise during the coilover operation. This is something I'm willing to pay extra for if it's needed/worth it.

Do I need the adjustment extender?

Or should I consider looking at a different coilover all together?

I know this is a lot. Any help is appreciated.
hrtbrknprince is offline   Reply With Quote