View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnixalot View Post
Like a fool I tossed all the spare tire foam when I did a sub enclosure. Now that I have taken the audio out, the trunk is just a big bell, amplifying the exhaust. Tested the theory by putting an old quilt in the trunk, what a difference. Currently waiting on some boom mat to arrive, i should have some left over from doing the trunk, any other particular areas that make a noticeable difference?
I found that using CCF on top of the dynamat-type sound deadener has the best effects. Putting as much CCF over the rear wheel wells had the most noticeable sound reductions. I put two to three layers of CCF over the rear wells. The trunk portion of the driver side rear well is very difficult to get to... if I had to do it over again I'd have considered renting a blower and just blowing foam insulation into the gap between the fender and the wheel well. I haven't taken the Z out since I CCF'd the floor but I will relay how well (or not) that worked.