View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 11:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erob View Post
... I ... am still seeking some real and honest information to a few questions I have ...
Apparently you have been using the site's search "feature" which, IMNSHO, sucks. Go to any of the major search engines and add "site:the370z.com" to your search string. This will limit results to the site given and produce much better results.

Quote:
... mods to the car is a full Stillen Gen 3 Intake / exhaust system. It includes CAI with K&N air filters, High Flow Catalytic converters, Stillen exhaust all the way back to the tail pipes. ...
The rule of thumb is: if only intake mods or only exhaust mods are made, the ECM can adjust itself; if intake and exhaust mods are made, you should get a tune. As stated above, your AFRs may be off.

Quote:
... Sprint Booster V3. I completely understand there is no HP gains and that its only function is to improve throttle response. Opinions vary with this item but I really like it. ...
Any good tuner can remap the throttle response in the ECM which will do even better than the SprintBooster as the tune eliminates some of the delay in the ECM.

Quote:
The fuel available is 93 Octane.
Your tuner should be able to handle that with no problem. You can even get switchable maps for different octanes and other factors.

Quote:
... I'll never race the car. I do enjoy some spirited driving from time to time on my E. TN mountain roads. Reliability is key as I have no desire to make any mechanical adjustments that would encourage future issues. However, with all of this said, I would like for the car to do all it is capable of normally aspirated.
Then a remote tune should suit you just fine. You only need a dyno tune to eke out the last few HPs.

Quote:
... I've read here on the forum Seb @ Specialty Z and Z 1 are both top notch.
I haven't had any dealing with either one, but they both get great reviews on this site.

Quote:
...What kind of realistic HP gains can I expect from an E-Tune? Torque gains?
Cost?
I don't know. See preceding paragraph.

Quote:
Is a Tune really that noticeable? Is it worth the cost considering the Stillen intake / exhaust system installed in my car?
Going by what I've read on this site, it is very noticeable and I don't remember reading about anyone that didn't think it was worth it. As per above, you need the tune because of your mods.

Edit: Don't worry so much about the HP/TQ numbers. All the reports I've read from people that had their cars tuned (even those that got remote tunes) say that the car is more enjoyable to drive. And that's what it's all about.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 09-27-2019 at 11:14 AM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote