View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 08:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Erob
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Silver 370Z AT
Erob is on a distinguished road
Default Real HP / Torque numbers I can expect with E-Tune

Good morning all,

I have been reading much info here on the forum but am still seeking some real and honest information to a few questions I have been considering an E-Tune. Where I live there are no "tuners" and if there were I doubt I would have much faith in their abilities. So a dyno tune is not an option.

I own a 2010 370Z with 7 speed AT - current mileage 53,000. The only mods to the car is a full Stillen Gen 3 Intake / exhaust system. It includes CAI with K&N air filters, High Flow Catalytic converters, Stillen exhaust all the way back to the tail pipes. It is stock other than that and there will not be any future mods made. When I purchased the car this was already installed so I don't know what it was like before installation. The only thing I have added is a Sprint Booster V3. I completely understand there is no HP gains and that its only function is to improve throttle response. Opinions vary with this item but I really like it. The fuel available is 93 Octane.

I'm on the younger side of 56 yrs old so I don't want to shoot flames out of my tail pipes. (It happens often enough with me when I eat spicy foods anyway) I won't use launch control so I don't care if it's available. I'll never race the car. I do enjoy some spirited driving from time to time on my E. TN mountain roads. Reliability is key as I have no desire to make any mechanical adjustments that would encourage future issues. However, with all of this said, I would like for the car to do all it is capable of normally aspirated.

I've read here on the forum Seb @ Specialty Z and Z 1 are both top notch. I emailed Seb a few days ago but have not received a response yet. I'm sure they're busy.

What kind of realistic HP gains can I expect from an E-Tune? Torque gains?

Cost?

Is a Tune really that noticeable? Is it worth the cost considering the Stillen intake / exhaust system installed in my car?

Any info and constructive opinions are appreciated. Thanks, Eric

Last edited by Erob; 09-27-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Erob is offline   Reply With Quote