View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 06:02 AM   #9380 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
Haven’t searched the forum; but can anyone point me in the right direction for a low/wide comfortable seat for the Z ?
Hard to spend money without actually sitting in something.
Height/weight/waist 6’6”,275#,40’ish
I'm ab your size minus 2 inches and a few lbs. Here's what I did:

Buy Sparco Chrono.

Shave the butt portion of the seat bottom by an inch.

Remove the thigh bolsters and re-weld the metal thigh framework so it's on the far outside of the seat framework - this gives you ab another 2 inches of hip room.

Fab a seat mount that's as low as it can go.

You save 3/4 of an inch by not using seat rails so you need to figure out exactly where you want the seat to sit before drilling the seat mount to fit the seat.

I like to drive upright. Didnt care ab reclining. So my seat was against the rear of the compartment. This means the rear right seat mount/floor bolt is not accessible from above. I ended up cutting a stubby 14mm ratchet wrench that had a reverse switch and welding it to that bolt's head.

Frankly, it all was a massive pain in the *** and I ended up adding rails after a year. But with your height idk if you could...

Feel free to hit me up if you have further Qs or ideas. I'm looking to improve the situation too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk