Thread: My 2010 Sport
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 04:06 PM   #197 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute

I got the turbos out yesterday, man that job is much easier with a lift. The turbo that failed came with a crack in the exhaust manifold that was repaired before but needed repairing again. That repair did not hold, it is not leaking but I am not going to reuse that turbo as a core, this means I need to get new cores.

I was going full "cupcakez" for a little but had to chill out and really think about the situation objectively.

I do not have the fuel system, clutch nor tire to support more than 650-700 on race gas at the moment. The lower end of that is attainable with the stock GTR turbo's. I am not in the position to drop another $4k+ on cores and upgrades at the moment.

So the way forward is this:
Stock turbo's
Redo oil feed lines to include oil filters from Turbosmart
Redo turbo side of coolant fittings (IHI setup differs from the Garrett)
Enjoy the car again

I am a little disappointed to say the least but seeing as it will be on pump gas 90% of the time (no E85 at the pump here) it will be in the 500-550 range anyway

Maybe next year some time I'll do the fuel system and turbo's over.